Make your own free website on

Many people has been asking me where have I been in the last two weeks of May, 2006. Some knew that I had a trip back to my college in England but kept on asking how the trip was, how much did I spend and is England a beautiful place etc. So, instead of answering people one by one, I wrote this travelogue and posted it here. So my dear friends, those were the places I have been to during that two weeks' time.

My trip started after the Sunday Service in North Point on the 21st May 2006. My plane would depart at 6:30pm so there was quite a lot of time to kill. After having lunch with BT in North Point hot food center, I went to Wellcome for some gifts, one for mum as mother's day present and one for Brian's wife. As worried about if I would be allowed to bring glass bottles onto the plane, I only bought 1 box of bird's nest.

It started raining heavily outside. I met daddy near Central Library and we went to airport together by the cheapest way, Citybus E11. The bus journey was really exciting as I could hardly see anything outside the window when we were on Tsing Ma Bridge. Later, I learned that red rain signal was hosted at that time.

Luckily, I arrived Hong Kong International Airport safely. I checked in my luggage immediately and asked if I can bring the bird's nest on board. Fortunately, the ground staff gave me a positive answer.

After waving goodbye to daddy, I was on my own. The time was about 3:30pm. What should I do during the next 3 hours? Eat!

I remembered when I was a little kid, there used to have quite a lot of Burger King in Hong Kong. But some years later, all of them were gone. Recently, I saw Burger King came back to Hong Kong. However, only one outlet was set up. It is this one, the only Burger King restaurant in Hong Kong, located inside the restricted area of Hong Kong International Airport.

Needless to say, food from Burger King is 100% taster than that from McDonald. And its burgers are "Infinite%" more flame than McDonald's!

Yes, I knew I have just had my lunch 2 hours ago and I was going to have an inflight meal 3 hours later. And I knew that I got plenty of chances to try Burger King in my trip. But just look at the burger. It was a Spicy Whopper. I hope you can understand that it was just a little bit too difficult for a fat guy to resist?

After the Burger King, it was better for me to walk around the airport. My plane was parked in Gate 1, which was just 30 seconds walk from the Burger King to there. But I still got more than 2 hours to kill. So I went to take the APM inside the airport terminal. (APM stands for Automatic People Mover. It is a free train which transports people from one end of the terminal to another.)

APM is now operated by Mass Transit Railway (MTR). As a shareholder of MTR, there is no reason for not trying this complement service offered by my own company. The overall journey time is only 1 minute several seconds. And I reached the other end of the terminal.

Then I took travellators back to Gate 1 and took some airplane photos. It was still pouring outside. I saw this classic MD of China Eastern Airlines. Classic, but horrifying!

Then, I proceed to the Disneyland shop inside the terminal. I didn't know they opened one there. Since I did not have anything for mum and Dar Win yet, I bought some cookies there.

LG sponsored free internet services inside the terminal building. So I sent some messages to my friends before proceeding to Gate 1.

100 Wong's brother greeted me while I was waiting outside Gate 1. He was traveling to Germany via Singapore on business class. He was so nice and said he would promote me to business class if possible.

Eventually, I boarded the plane. The service of Singapore Airlines was good. They now provide "Video on demand" service, which allows passengers to pause, rewind and fast-forward their video they are watching. And the food was very nice. It was baked fish with potato. However, the plane was quiet full and my promotion happened after the meal was served.

Then, I was on the business class. The seats were much wider and the table also. I wrote cards to Steven and Kenny. You can see the two cards, my notebook and my dummy on the right photo. I asked a flight attendance to send the postcards for me, on Singapore Airlines' expenses of course.

My plane touched down Singapore Changi Airport safely and on time. After a simple immigration procedure, I went to the duty free shop in no time as I could see Alan, Dar Win and mum waiting outside. Dad gave me a duty to do in Singapore. He gave me a bag of coins and asked me to use all of them there. So I asked the lady in the duty free shop if she would mind to take some coins. She smiled to me and said she wouldn't. I gave her more than 30 coins in total for some wine and beer and ran away as fast as I could.

We took taxi back home. Alan bought me a bowl of Laksa. Yummy, Yummy! Dar Win also cooked me some excellent food called Burmese Jerky, a mixture of roasted beef and mutton. Not bad!

We watched movie and drank wine till 2am and slept.